Tuesday 25 May 2010

Thinking of a consistent theme

I started off with the chocolate bar wrappers, I decided I wanted to use 40's/ 50's pin up girls combined with anti men or feminist statements. After experimenting with google images and cutting and pasting I came up with three chocolate bar Wrappers that I really liked. I liked this theme and continued using it when making the tissue box and wine packaging, making each packaging design suited to its content. However the results weren't great, I showed them to several people who all insisted that they looked too busy and that the concept wasn't pulling through. On the other hand people really like the chocolate bar wrappers so I wondered where I was going wrong with the tissue boxes and wine packaging. I asked people to chose their favourite wrapper and a majority chose the red and white Emergency Ration wrapper; this was because it wasn't too busy, the concept was there and the composition worked well. From here I decided that the packaging of this stuff should look quite pharmaceutical/ first aid box like, so I researched first aid boxes and pharmaceutical packaging. The red and white theme would be most prevalent rather than the medical theme, because some of the merchandise wouldn't fit the pharmaceutical packaging; cd, voodoo doll, pinata... I also wanted the collection to still have a 1950s look about it. Therefore the items I made would have some consistency in their packaging; red & white, medical and vintage.

No comments:

Post a Comment