Tuesday 25 May 2010

More making



I thought about making a CD for this collection of Divorce necessities and choosing the songs was the easiest part as there are so many break up song divorce and relationship breakdown are so prevalent in todays society. So I thought about a song for each phase in divorce. So i took into account; the power song, the children, the exes feelings, the emotional song, the cheerful song... When it came to creating a CD cover I struggled, I had a creative block. So I started brain storming again. The CD would have to convey the concept well. Although a medical label would suit the whole notion of music therapy I decided to return to the vintage design. I enjoy creating things that have a hand rendered quality about them. So I used a cut and paste method using a dirvorce decree, and image of women celebrating and poignant statement for humour. The actual CD design was a 'just divorced' decorated car. I enjoyed making the CD and its cover alone however I wasn't happy with it as part of the collection. It didnt seem to fit in, in any way. I decided that there were other things to make so if time allows I would recreate something that was more compatible as a set.

No comments:

Post a Comment