Tuesday 25 May 2010

The cake

After lots of research on divorce cakes I decided to create a divorce biscuit, I cut the heart shaped biscuit with a jagged line through the centre and customised with broken heart icing and a just divorced logo. The end result wasn't what I pictured. So I re-thought this idea, I was afraid of making a cake because I had no skills in cake making. So I decided to buy the bottom layer and make the top layer. I struggled to make the top layer so I ended up using pre-made sponge and icing the sponge. I bought cake decorations and organised them so that the bride was holding the head of the groom that she had beheaded with a saw (candle) and a gravestone (candle) at the bottom saying RIP marriage. I decorated this scene with red icing to look like blood. I enjoyed customising the cake and the results were great. The only difficulty I had was beheading the resin groom I ended up using a very sharp knife as scissors weren't working. It was also difficult to keep the grooms head attached to the bride so I is currently being held by tape until the PVA glue dries.

No comments:

Post a Comment