Sunday 16 May 2010

Interim crit

After putting my project ideas forward in the crit I got some great feed back, Some people suggested that I should take my love for fashion and photography further and create a photoshoot, whereby the models tell the story of divorce. I liked the sound of this idea however I felt as though it was a cop out and I would be cheating by letting other people tell the story I wanted to make it my interpretation of divorce. Others suggested working with cakes so perhaps create a Divorce cake? This would be an exciting project, it would also delineate the celebratory side of divorce, which I would much rather display. Rob suggested that I could create a divorce shop as opposed to a wedding shop therefore a complete subversion of the wedding industry. I loved this idea, it is original, satirical and humorous. I began to research this further. First of all I thought about all of the things associated with weddings; cakes, rings, dresses, music etc. So I started designing and creating samples of Divorce versions of these. I started to research divorce celebrations, and suprisingly divorce parties are a big thing in America (they turn any matter into a commodity). Some of the products I came across were inspirationsl whilst others.. not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment